Sail Training on Johanna Lucretia or other tall training vessels
Time & Location
About the Event
Johanna Lucretia is the only UK flagged topsail schooner in sail training today and takes young children from all backgrounds on sailing adventures around the UK as part of The Island Trust.
Taking part in Sail Training is a life-changing opportunity for young people. Benefits of a sail training adventure are:
- Building Self Confidence
- Developing communication skills
- Skills development
- Overcoming fears and anxieties
- Working as part of a team and understanding hierarchical structures
- Developing cultural knowledge and expanding personal horizons
- Increasing employability by adding a unique experience to your CV
For more information regarding sail training and the value of taking part, we recommend reading ASTO (Association of Sail Training Organisation's) Theory of Change review published by UK Sail Training which can be found here.